Thursday, January 15, 2009

A Hard Day

Today started off great. I wake up to find out school was cancelled, giving me a five day weekend, because we also don't have school tomorrow or on Monday. My brother and I kicked off the day with an intense round of Scrabble. One of my friends came over. It was supposed to be a good day...



And then I got the news. My friend Justin took his life last night.


I can't even type it without crying. No one knows exactly what happened, but my phone has been ringing all day. Everyone I've talked to has heard something different and it only gets harder to hear each time. In March last year, one of my classmates also took his life.


It's true what they say... Only the good die young. Please keep his family in your prayers.

2 comments:

  1. That is awful Chelsey...completely awful. I'll be praying for you and his family right now. So very tough to deal with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard to understand why he chose to do this. I didn't have him as a student, but I do know that many teachers at CMS were stunned and so sad to hear this news. I'm so sorry for you, his family and all of his many friends.

    ReplyDelete